Section 'Sub' Navigation:
The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences strives to serve the needs of the citizens and communities of the state of California, the nation, and the global community at large. As part of a research-intensive university, the School has a three-part mission of education, research and service. The School:
- Provides a premier professional education program leading to the Pharm.D. degree and postgraduate programs including residencies and fellowships.
- Prepares students to be leaders in the profession of pharmacy and to provide them with the tools to practice effectively in a wide variety of currently existing and potential future roles in hospitals and medical centers, community pharmacy settings, academia, government and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provides graduate education programs in the pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences leading to the Ph.D. degree.
- Promotes interdisciplinary education and cooperation among pharmacy, medicine and other healthcare disciplines.
- Develops and maintains research initiatives in the basic, translational, clinical and computational sciences to discover new knowledge and new approaches to enhance health care.
- Fosters collaborations with the UC San Diego Schools of Medicine and Engineering, the Supercomputer Center, the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, the UC San Diego general campus, La Jolla area research institutes, biotechnology firms, and health systems to enhance and expand research opportunities.
- A center of excellence in translational clinical pharmacy with emphasis on collaborative care and innovative practice models.
- Serves as a resource center for dissemination of drug, toxicology and pharmacogenomic information for health professionals and the public.