Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Dr. Christina Mnatzaganian
Ambulatory Care/Community Practice
Christina Mnatzaganian, Pharm.D., BCACP
Health Sciences Clinical Assistant Professor
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Prior to joining the faculty at UCSD SSPPS, Dr. Mnatzaganian served as an Assistant Professor at the Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaii-Hilo where she practiced and precepted students in a family medicine clinic. Her primary research interests reside in community and ambulatory care pharmacy including chronic disease management and women’s health, as well as public health issues. Dr. Mnatzaganian joined SSPPS in August 2015. She is the Residency Program Director of the PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency at UCSD SSPPS.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Arizona, (2003); Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, (2011); Community Pharmacy Practice Residency, The Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy at University of Hawaii-Hilo, (2011- 2012); Board Certification in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, (BCACP), (2014)
Awards and Honors:
Excellence in Teaching Award (2014), Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society (2013), Rho Chi Honor Society (2013), DKICP AACP Delegate (2013), International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation Senior of the Year (2011)
Director, UCSD SSPPS PGY1 Community Residency Working Group Chartering Adviser, Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society (DKICP) Grand Council Deputy, Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity (DKCIP) Co-coordinator of Integrated Therapeutics III, DKICP (2013, 2014)
- Pharmacy Practice (Fall Co-Chair, Calculations Chair, Instructor)
- Pharmacy Therapeutics (Instructor)
Selected Recent Publications
- Mnatzaganian C, Merchen J. The use of triple antiplatelet therapy with cilostazol to prevent in-stent restenosis. Health-System Heartbeat. Summer, 2010. (Available online only)http://www.azpharmacy.org/associations/10285/files/HSA_Newsletter_Summer_2010.pdf
- Juarez DT et al. (2014)Significance of HbA1c and its measurement in the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus: US experience. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets & Therapy. (7):487-494.
- Mnatzaganian CL et al. (2015) Association between sugar cane burning and acute respiratory illness on the island of Maui. Environmental Health. 14:81. http://www.ehjournal.net/content/14/1/81
- Mnatzaganian CL et al.(2015) Provider status for pharmacist: why it matters for other healthcare providers. Hawaii J. Med Public Health. 4:319-21.
- Mnatzaganian CL. Allergic rhinitis, cough, and cold. Brown S, Shapiro K, editors. RxPrep Course Book: A Comprehensive Course for the NAPLEX and Clinical Content for the CPJE (2016 Edition). RxPrep, Inc,. 476-486.
Potential Collaborative Programs with the Pharmaceutical Industry
5 years’ experience in community and clinical ambulatory care pharmacy with innovative collaborative agreements with multi-disciplinary health care teams as well as experience in Medication Therapy Management and Transitions of Care to improve patient outcomes.