Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Admissions: Application Process
The Application Process
The UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences accept only applications submitted through the Pharmacy Centralized Application Service, PharmCAS. To submit an application through PharmCAS, go to their website at http://www.pharmcas.org. Follow the directions carefully and be sure to designate the University of California, San Diego, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences as one of your school choices. Please note the following:
- All applications will be reviewed after the November 1st deadline.
- We do not offer early decision or rolling admissions.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to any inquiries requesting receipt of the application or materials. You will receive a confirmation email for the Supplemental Application and can check the status of your application on the PharmCAS portal.
- You can expect to wait at least 6-8 weeks, after the application deadline, before hearing from our office regarding your admission status. During this time, PharmCAS and our office process and verify applications.
- After reviewing all eligible applications, we select those applicants we wish to interview. Invitations to participate in our Interview process will be sent out in December through early January.
- For all steps in the application process, it is your responsibility as the applicant to follow all instructions and meet all deadlines. Failure to do so may result in your application being canceled.
The application period for admission in Fall 2017 opens in July 2017 and closes November 1, 2017. Applications submitted to PharmCAS after 11:59 pm Eastern Time on this date (8:59 p.m Pacific Time) will not be processed and forwarded to us. * Please note the 3 hour time difference.
- Be sure to follow the PharmCAS directions carefully. Significant delays in processing your application will occur if the application is improperly completed. Only completed applications will be forwarded to us by PharmCAS.
- Complete your application as early as possible. Do not wait until the deadline. Completing the application may take as long as 4-6 hours. You may start your application and go back as many times as you wish to complete it.
- Make sure all the transcripts of your college and university-level work and all letters of recommendation reach PharmCAS by the November 1nd deadline. PharmCAS will accept late transcripts and letters; however, they will not consider an application complete and forward it to us until all transcripts have been received. Late transcripts will significantly delay the processing of your application.
- We require 3 Letters of Recommendation. We do not accept letters from clergy, family members, friends, politicians, or Teaching Assistants (TA’s) unless co-signed by the Professor.
- Once an application is considered complete, PharmCAS estimates that it may take 1-4 weeks for the verification process to be completed before applications will be forwarded to us. This is another reason why you should submit your application as early as possible.
- Once you have submitted your application, check the status of it frequently by returning to the PharmCAS website. The quicker you respond to a question they may have concerning your application, the faster it will be processed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to regularly check the status of their PharmCAS application and to submit requested materials in an expeditious fashion.
In addition to the PharmCAS application, each applicant to the UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences must complete an on-line supplemental application and submit payment of a supplemental non-refundable fee.
The deadline for completion of the supplemental application and receipt of the $105 supplemental application fee is also November 1, 2016. Applicants who have not completed the supplemental application and/or submitted the supplemental application fee will not be processed. This policy has no exceptions. The link to the supplemental application will be available in July 2017 and closes on November 1, 2017 until 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time. The payment of the supplemental application fee must be paid online via debit or credit card by November 1, 2017. We do not accept cash or checks for payment. Please note that the supplemental fee is non-refundable.
Students may request a waiver of the $105 supplemental application fee. Please go here for more information.