Section 'Sub' Navigation:
Admissions: Application Process
The UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences accepts applications only submitted through the Pharmacy Centralized Application Service, PharmCAS. All of the schools in California and more than 60 schools across the country are participating in PharmCAS. To submit an application through PharmCAS, go to their website at http://www.pharmcas.org. Follow the directions carefully and be sure to designate the University of California, San Diego, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences as one of your school choices. We do not have a rolling admissions process. All applications will be reviewed for admission after the November 1st deadline.
The application period for admission in Fall 2014 opens June 1, 2013 and closes November 1, 2013. Applications submitted to PharmCAS after 11:59 pm Eastern Time on this date (8:59 p.m Pacific Time) will not be processed and forwarded to us.
- Be sure to follow the PharmCAS directions carefully. Significant delays in processing your application will occur if the application is improperly completed. Only completed applications will be forwarded to us by PharmCAS.
- Complete your application as early as possible. Do not wait until November 1st. Completing the application may take as long as 4-6 hours. You may start your application and go back as many times as you wish to complete it.
- Make sure all the transcripts of your college and university-level work and all letters of recommendation reach PharmCAS by the November 1 deadline. PharmCAS will accept late transcripts and letters; however, they will not consider an application complete and forward it to us until all transcripts have been received. Late transcripts will significantly delay the processing of your application.
- Once an application is considered complete, PharmCAS estimates that it may take 1-4 weeks for the verification process to be completed before applications will be forwarded to us. This is another reason why you should submit your application as early as possible.
- Once you have submitted your application, check the status of it frequently by returning to the PharmCAS website. The quicker you respond to a question they may have concerning your application, the faster it will be processed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to regularly check the status of their PharmCAS application and to submit requested materials in an expeditious fashion.
In addition to the PharmCAS application, each applicant to the UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences must complete an on-line supplemental application and submit payment of a supplemental fee.
The deadline for completion of the supplemental application and receipt of the $80 supplemental application fee is also November 1, 2013. Applicants who have not completed the supplemental application and/or submitted the supplemental application fee will not be processed. This policy has no exceptions. The link to the supplemental application will be available through this website from June 7, 2013 through 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on November 1, 2013. The signature page and the payment of the supplemental application fee must be sent directly to the school and be postmarked by November 1, 2013.