Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor of Pharmacy
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Feist’s current research program focuses on the clinical application of immunosuppressants and azole antifungal medications in solid organ transplant recipients, specifically studying pharmacokinetics, drug-drug interactions and adverse effect profiles.
Education: Pharm.D. (2005) University of Nebraska Medical Center; PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency (2006) UC San Diego Health; PGY2 Critical Care Residency (2007) UC San Diego Health
Awards and Honors: Preceptor of the Year, SSPPS (2011); Apples for Preceptor Award, Dean’s Recognition for Excellence in Teaching Award, UCSF School of Pharmacy (2010); Preceptor of the Year, UCSD Medical Center Pharmacy Practice Residency Program (2009)
Pharmacy: Therapeutics Co-Chair (SSPPS 212A), APPE (Solid Organ Transplant Ambulatory Care), Pharmacy residency rotations in Solid Organ Transplantation, Inter-professional Education Experiences, Research Mentor for students and pharmacy residents
- Implementation of clinical pharmacy services as a pharmacist specialist in heart and lung transplantation at UC San Diego Health; expanded and provided comprehensive services in multidisciplinary settings both inpatient and outpatient
- Implementation of pharmacist collaborative practice protocols for Cardiothoracic Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Founding Chair of the UC Wide Solid Organ Transplant Pharmacist Collaborative Committee providing a network for transplant pharmacists at all University of California campuses
- Served as the director for PGY2 Solid Organ Transplantation Program at UC San Diego Health for 9 year; currently precepting for PGY1 and PGY2 residents and an active member of the Residency Advisory Committees at UC San Diego Health
Kozuch JM, Feist A, Yung G, Awdishu L, Hays S, Singer J, Florez R. Low Dose Posaconazole Delayed Release Tablets for Fungal Prophylaxis in Lung Transplant Recipients. Clin Transplant. 2018 May 28:e13300. doi: 10.1111/ctr.13300.
Lam I, Gutman I, Feist A, Mariski M. IVIG Replacement for Hypogammaglobulinemia in Lung Transplant Patients. OBM Transplantation 2017;1(1):002; doi:10.21926/obm.icm.1701003.
Masters JC, Shah MM, Feist AA. Drug interaction between sirolimus and ranolazine in a kidney transplant patient. Case Rep Transplant. 2014.
Feist A, Lee R, Osborne S, Lane J, Yung G. Increased incidence of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in lung transplant recipients taking long-term voriconazole. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2012 Nov; 21(11): 1177-81.
Steiner RW, Feist AA. The "generic" effect of food on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics. Clinical transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2011 Mar-Apr;25(2):334-5.
- Clinical research in solid organ transplantation
- Pharmacokinetic studies in solid organ transplantation