Advancing community pharmacy practice; Experiential training
Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor of Pharmacy
Dr. Luli is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California San Diego, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences where he teaches in various courses, including a self-care pharmacy practice course provided to first-year student pharmacists. He practices in a community pharmacy, as well as an interdisciplinary care clinic serving uninsured and underserved patients. He also precepts pharmacy learners of all levels, from undergraduate students interested in the profession to pharmacy residents. Dr. Luli’s interests include immunizations, advancing patient care services in the community setting, enhancing experiential training for students and residents, and public awareness and outreach regarding safe and proper use of medications, herbals, and supplements.
Doctor of Pharmacy, Northeast Ohio Medical University (2013); ASHP-accredited
PGY1 Community Pharmacy Practice Residency (2013-2014); Board Certification in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy (2017)
PGY1 community pharmacy residency advisory committee; Pharmacy Student; Education Council – community pharmacy representative; San Diego County Pharmacist's Association (SDCPhA) Board Member
- Pharmacy Practice Co-Chair (SPPS 202)
Luli AJ, Bounthavong M, Watanabe JH. Pharmacists on the front-line of solving a public health crisis: Increasing access to medications for opioid use disorder. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2020;60(2):297-303. doi:10.1016/j.japh.2019.10.014
- Luli AJ, Singh RF, Namba J, Mnatzaganian C, Painter NA, Kelly P, Best BM, Bao D, Fricovsky ES. Assessing Student Knowledge and Confidence Following a Prescription Review Module. Poster abstract for presentation at American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting. July 13-17, 2019; Chicago, IL.
- Tran V, Chen S, Fricovsky E, Luli AJ. Influenza Vaccines Provided at the UC San Diego Student-Run Free Clinic Project – Impact and Implications. Poster presentation at University of California San Diego Public Health Research Day. April 3, 2019; La Jolla, CA.
- Cantada J, Luli A, Painter N, Mnatzaganian C, Carr R, Nguyen H, Kuo GM. Community Pharamcists’ Knowledge, Attitudes, and Perceived Self-Efficacy Towards Naloxone Furnishing. Poster presentation at American Pharmacists Association 2019 Annual Meeting. March 22-25, 2019; Seattle, WA.
- Greer M, Gustafson A, Luli A, Wai M, Miller A. Evaluation of an outpatient pharmacist consult service at the Cleveland Clinic Health System. Presented at Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy (OCCP) Fall and Spring Meetings. 2017-2018.
- Luli A, Schiavo K, Zook T. Development and Assessment of a New Pharmacy Service for Multiple Sclerosis. Podium Presentation at Great Lakes Pharmacy Resident Conference. 2014.
- Luli A, Nitzki-George D. Bleeding events in patients who have been converted from warfarin to a novel oral anticoagulant (NOAC) in a pharmacist managed anticoagulation clinic. PGY1 community residency research project. 2013-2014