Student Policy for Reserving the Health Sciences Education Center (HSEC) & Break-Out Rooms
The HSEC may be reserved by a student group, association or organization for academic and/or educational purposes. To reserve the HSEC Auditorium or Break-Out Rooms, complete the on-line room reservation form located on the HOME PAGE under the ABOUT/ADMINISTRATION & HR INFORMATION menu. The person reserving any of the rooms in the HSEC must agree to these policies by signing off on the agreement prior to the event.
- Complete an online room reservation form. You will be notified via email regarding availability. Please contact Office of Student Affairs, email: email@example.com, regarding any cancellations at least 24 hours in advance.
- Once a reservation is confirmed, the reservee must submit a signed liability form to Shelly Janger, PSB Suite 1111, Room 1115B prior to the event.
- If the event is held in the evening or on a weekend, the reservee must make arrangements to pick up keys for the facilities before the day of the event. Keys may be picked up ONLY between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. If the event is on a weekend, keys must be picked up by the previous Friday. Keys MUST be returned the morning of the business day immediately following the event or as soon as the event is over, whichever comes first. Key arrangements should be made with Office of Student Affairs, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The person who reserves a room in the HSEC assumes FULL responsibility for cleanup*, damage, loss of furniture, equipment, and other items as well as building security. Damage assessment will be made up to 7 days after the event, and a bill will be sent directly to the reservee.
- SSPPS bulletin boards or the student work room must be used for signage related to any event. No taping, clipping, tacking is allowed on any surface of the HSEC.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building or on the patio area at any time.
- No pets are allowed except service animals.
- Any furniture that is moved must be returned to its original position at the end of the event.
- The person reserving the HSEC room assumes responsibility for security of the facility during the use period. At the end of your event make sure that all doors are locked and secured. If a key was issued to you make sure you return the key after the event. If the key is lost there will be a nominal fee to replace the key.
- The person reserving the HSEC room is responsible for the behavior of the guests and members using the facility during the event.
- Please be advised that the SSPPS reserves the right to cancel this reservation in the event that a high priority need arises for the use of the facility.
*This includes removing all trash into proper trash containers and wiping down all surfaces that were used. If custodial services are required to spend more than one hour to restore the room to its proper order following an event, the reservee will be charged for all additional hours of service.