Clinical, Pharmaceutics, MTM
Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Health Sciences Clinical Professor, Non-Salaried Department of Family and Preventative Medicine
Clinical, Pharmaceutics, MTM
B.A. in Biochemistry (1966) UC Berkeley; Pharm.D. (1970) UCSF; ASHP Residency in Pharmacy Practice (1971) UCSF.
Awards and Honors:
Fellow, California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (1993); Pharmacist of the Year, California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (1987); Outstanding Contribution Award, Boehringer-Mannheim Corp., Science Partner (1995, 1997); Distinguished Service Award, California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (1993); Long’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, UCSF School of Pharmacy (2000, 2002); Academy of Clinical Scholars, UCSD Health Sciences, School of Medicine/School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (2003 - present).
Vice Chair, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, UCSF School of Pharmacy (1975- 1996); Associate Director, Department of Pharmacy, University of California Medical Center, San Diego, (1979-2002); Coordinator, UCSD/UCSF ASHP Clinical Pharmacy Residency Program (1977-1992); President, Chair Board of Directors, Chair House of Delegates California Society of Health Systems Pharmacists (1982-1984); Chairman, Planning Committee, Western States Conference for Residents and Preceptors (1986-87); Director of Curriculum UCSD SSPPS (2000-2002); Co-Chair Pfizer and Biogen-Idec Clinical Oncology Fellowship Programs (2007- present).
- Concepts in Pharmacy Practice (202A).
- Contemporary Topics in Pharmacology (SPPS 218A/B).
- Therapeutics (SPPS 212B).
- Pharmacogenomics (SPPS 219).
- Advanced Practice Ambulatory Care Anticoagulation Clinic (SPPS 401 A/B).
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics (SPPS 204).
- Removal of phenytoin by hemodialysis, model for efficacy of evaluating dialysis for treatment of toxicity.
- Solubility of phenytoin in intravenous solutions.
- Clinical equivalency and bioavailability of sodium warfarin from multiple sources.
- Adler et al. (1975). Hemodialysis of Phenytoin in a Uremic Patient. Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. 18:65-69.
- Martin et al. (1977). Removal of Phenytoin by Hemodialysis in Uremic Patients. J.A.M.A. 238:1750- 1753.
- Pfeifle et al. (1981). Phenytoin Solubility in Three Intravenous Solutions. Am. J. Hosp. Pharm. 38:358- 362.
- Weibert et al. (1989). Evaluation of a Capillary Whole-Blood Prothrombin Time Measurement System. Clin. Pharm. 8:864-867.
- Ansell et al (1991). Measurement of the Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time from a Capillary (fingerstick) Sample of Whole Blood. A New Method for Monitoring Heparin Therapy. Amer. J. Clin. Path. 95:222-227.
- Weibert et al. (2000). A Randomized, Crossover Comparison of Warfarin Products in the Treatment of Chronic Atrial Fibrillation.Annals of Pharmacotherapy 34:981-988.
- Hirsch et al (2014). Primary Care-Based, Pharmacist- Physician Collaborative Medication-Therapy Management of Hypertension: A Randomized, Pragmatic Trial. Clin Ther 36:1244-54
- Thirty-five years of experience in clinical practice and translational research.
- Developing novel practice models and diverse approaches to medication therapy management, to improve safe and effective drug therapy treatments.