Since 2008, Dr. Kingston has been a Health Sciences Educator at the UC San Diego School of Medicine (SOM). One of his roles has been to teach 1st year pharmacy and medical students in the subjects of Anatomy, Histology, and Physiology. He has numerous years if curriculum development and has great interest to help students maximize their comprehension and retention of information that is critical to the education. Dr. Kingston, along with a team of subject matter experts in SOM, collaborate to offer student support through the Office of Educational Support Services.
University of Texas at Austin, B.A. Plan II Honors/Zoology (1993), Yale University, Ph.D. Interdepartmental Neuroscience (1998), UC San Diego, Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Biology (1998-2003).
Awards and Honors
“WGEA Poster Award”, Association of American Medical Colleges (2009), “Individual National Research Service Award”, NIH (1999-2002), Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program Fellowship (1997-1998), National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship (1994-1997).
Co-Chair Pharmacy Anatomy Course, (SPPS 241).
- Choudhury M, Black N, Alghamdi A, D'Souza A, Wang R, Yanni J, Dobrzynski H, Kingston PA, Zhang H, Boyett MR, Morris GM. TBX18 overexpression enhances pacemaker function in a rat subsidiary atrial pacemaker model of sick sinus syndrome. J Physiol. 2018 Dec; 596(24):6141-6155. PMID: 30259525.
- Li M, Qiu L, Hu W, Deng X, Xu H, Cao Y, Xiao Z, Peng L, Johnson S, Alexey L, Kingston PA, Li Q, Zhang Y. Genetically-modified bone mesenchymal stem cells with TGF-ß3 improve wound healing and reduce scar tissue formation in a rabbit model. Exp Cell Res. 2018 06 01; 367(1):24-29. PMID: 29453974.
- Appleby CE, Ranjzad P, Williams PD, Kakar SJ, Driessen A, Tijsma E, Fernandes B, Heagerty AM, Kingston PA. Periluminal expression of a secreted transforming growth factor-ß type II receptor inhibits in-stent neointima formation following adenovirus-mediated stent-based intracoronary gene transfer. Hum Gene Ther. 2014 May; 25(5):443-51. PMID: 24483849.
- Morris GM, D'Souza A, Dobrzynski H, Lei M, Choudhury M, Billeter R, Kryukova Y, Robinson RB, Kingston PA, Boyett MR. Characterization of a right atrial subsidiary pacemaker and acceleration of the pacing rate by HCN over-expression. Cardiovasc Res. 2013 Oct 01; 100(1):160-9. PMID: 23787003.
- Williams PD, Malik N, Kingston PA. Coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention in the porcine model: a practical guide to the procedure. Animal. 2012 Feb; 6(2):311-20. PMID: 22436190.
- Williams PD, Kingston PA. Plasmid-mediated gene therapy for cardiovascular disease. Cardiovasc Res. 2011 Sep 01; 91(4):565-76. PMID: 21742674.
- Schneid SD, Kingston PA, Apperson AJ. Simplified bookmark method for local medical school examinations. Med Educ. 2011 May; 45(5):533-4. PMID: 21486359.
- Williams PD, Ranjzad P, Kakar SJ, Kingston PA. Development of viral vectors for use in cardiovascular gene therapy. Viruses. 2010 Feb; 2(2):334-71. PMID: 21994642; PMCID: PMC3185614.
- Ranjzad P, Salem HK, Kingston PA. Adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of fibromodulin inhibits neointimal hyperplasia in an organ culture model of human saphenous vein graft disease. Gene Ther. 2009 Sep; 16(9):1154-62. PMID: 19474808.