Health Sciences Clinical Associate Professor
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Mnatzaganian joined SSPPS in August 2015 with a previous teaching appointment at the University of Hawaii-Hilo. Her primary research interests are in pharmacy education, public health issues, and chronic disease management. She practices in ambulatory care pharmacy at the UC San Diego Health Lewis Medical Clinic including disease management for diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, anticoagulation, asthma, etc). She is the Residency Program Director of the PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency at UC San Diego SSPPS.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Arizona, (2003); Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, (2011); Community Pharmacy Practice Residency, The Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy at University of Hawaii-Hilo, (2011- 2012); Board Certification in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, (BCACP), (2014)
Awards and Honors:
Class of 2022 UC San Diego SSPPS Faculty of the Year (2019), National Center of Leadership in Academic Medicine (NCLAM) (2018), 18th Nonprescription Medicines Academy Selected Attendee (2018), Excellence in Teaching Award (2014), Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society (2013), Rho Chi Honor Society (2013), DKICP AACP Delegate (2013), International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation Senior of the Year (2011)
Leadership Experience: Director, UC San Diego SSPPS PGY1 Community Residency; Chair, UC San Diego SSPPS PGY1 Community Residency Advisory Committee; CAPSLead, Faculty Adviser; ACTION, Faculty Adviser, Chartering Adviser, Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society University of Hawaii-Hilo; Grand Council Deputy, Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity University of Hawaii-Hilo.
- Pharmacy Practice (Fall Co-Chair Fall-Spring Calculations Chair, Instructor)
- Pharmacy Therapeutics (Instructor)
- Diabetes Care Elective (Instructor)
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Elective (Instructor)
- Ambulatory Care/Family Medicine Preceptor for APPE students and PGY1 residents
- Mnatzaganian, CL, Fricovsky, E., Best BM, (2017) An Interactive, Multifaceted Approach to Enhancing Pharmacy Students' Health Literacy Knowledge and Confidence. AJPE 81 (2):32
- Juarez DT et al. (2014)Significance of HbA1c and its measurement in the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus: US experience. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets & Therapy. (7):487-494.
- Mnatzaganian CL et al. (2015) Association between sugar cane burning and acute respiratory illness on the island of Maui. Environmental Health. 14:81. http://www.ehjournal.net/content/14/1/81
- Mnatzaganian CL et al.(2015) Provider status for pharmacist: why it matters for other healthcare providers. Hawaii J. Med Public Health. 4:319-21.
- Mnatzaganian CL. Allergic rhinitis, cough, and cold. Brown S, Shapiro K, editors. RxPrep Course Book: A Comprehensive Course for the NAPLEX and Clinical Content for the CPJE (2016 Edition). RxPrep, Inc,. 476-486.
- 7 years’ experience in clinical community and ambulatory care pharmacy with innovative collaborative agreements with inter-disciplinary health care teams as well as experience in Medication Therapy Management to improve patient outcomes.